Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thing 3

Thing 3

Instructions:  Write about ways that you might use a blog in your teacher eduction program or your future classroom.  


Answer: 

I am basing my first idea off of something that we did in high school.  We actually used a program similar to Facebook, for this class we would upload our projects as a post, then our teacher would grade it and classmates would comment on it.  Another idea that could be done in the classroom by using a blog would be to incorporate it into an English class.  By doing this you could instruct the class to read a novel and answer questions on a classroom blog.  This would involve all students within the classroom, and perhaps interest those who would not be as tempted to read.
Another thing that interested me from the link Best Teacher Blogs of 2012, was a blog called Cool Cat Teacher Blog.  Even though it is for teachers only, it has some wonderful ideas and tips on teaching techniques by using technology.  This specific blog has many encouraging posts to becoming a strong individual who will lead students in the classroom.  I encourage future teachers to take a look at this!

3 comments:

  1. Was the website you signed up for in high school called "Edmodo" or something similar? I had signed up for one of these accounts as per request of a high school teacher my junior year of high school. I loved Edmodo but at the same time, very few students participated. I don't want to say that it was a flop, but I know part of the problem is lack of technology outside of school. Another issue is trying to get the high school student to actively participate. It's harder than it looks, that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too came across this blog Cool Cat Teacher Blog at the same link. This was an awesome blog and I wanted to use for my thing 4 then, I noticed that the professor had it posted so I chose a different blog to follow :(I also wanted to say I love your idea on using a blog in a English class for a novel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last semester in Literature for Children we actually use a blog to write our opinion on a book we were assigned to read. I thought it was a great idea and really enjoyed talking with people about the book on there. definitely think it is a great idea for a reading class.

    ReplyDelete