Monday, October 7, 2013

Thing 11

Thing 11

Instructions:

1.  Explore some of the search tools noted above that can help you locate some RSS feeds.
2.  Add any feeds you like to your RSS reader.
3.  Answer these questions:
  •  Which method of finding feeds did you find easiest to use?
  • Which was more confusing?
  • What kind of useful feeds did you find in your travels?
  • Or what kind of unusual ones did you find?
  • What other tools or ways did you find to locate newsfeeds?


Answer:

  • The methods I found that seemed easiest to use were Google Blog Search and blogsarchengine.org.  They were simple to use and reminded me of Google Search and Bing.
  •  The method that was more confusing to me was Technorati.  It had the same search engine as the others, but I just did not like how it pulled up information.
  • I found many useful feeds in my travels, including Education City and 150 Teaching Methods!
  • An unusual one I found was a blog called Just Another Day In Mrs. Tabb's Classroom, it has amazing posts! The one that I found interesting to me was "How I Decorated My Classroom For Under 25 Bucks!"
  • Another tool that I found that can help me locate new varieties of newsfeeds is Pinterest.  It helps me discover many interesting blogs that will be extremely beneficial to me during my future career.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment