Friday, October 25, 2013

Thing 15

Thing 15

Instructions:

Add or edit an entry in APSU 23 Things Sandbox wiki.
  -select your favorite curriculum ideas from your own blog
  -add pictures, change font, or format

Tell about your experience in your blog
  -How might you use a wiki?
  -What did you find interesting about the wiki concept?


Answer:

Anybody can use a wiki, whether it be personal, for business, or  for a classroom setting.  In my opinion I would use a wiki to be able to communicate with my classroom as well as their parents.  I discovered that you can create a space that allows you to create your own "personal teacher page" that allows you to post homework and projects, let your children submit their work, it also allows communication for the parents to contact me as a teacher.  This is a great way to get the parents involved with their students and become interactive with the teacher.

What I found interesting about wiki was the concept that the Texas School Libraries did with it.  The librarians created a wiki page that allows students, teachers, and parents to go and look at the library's data base, find certain books, and even has podcasts.  I believe that this would be a neat experience for a lot of students, especially if they are at home and want to show their parents the books that they are reading or have read.

No comments:

Post a Comment