Monday, October 7, 2013

Thing 8

Thing 8

Instructions:

  • Explore some of the fun Flikr Mashups and third party tools.
  • Use the Mashups to create something, then upload one or more of your creations to your blog.
  • In your post, talk about some ways Flickr could be used in your future classroom or personal life.  What are your feelings about sharing photos online?  






     Answer:
    In my future classroom Flikr can be used by students who want to create neat or individualized titles for a variety of projects.  Another idea is Flickr can help introduce photos of different places that students have not been to.  I can use this idea as a morning bell ringer before class begins, this will enhance students knowledge about the outside world, perhaps encouraging them to get out and explore when they have the opportunity.  I am two-sided about sharing photos online.  What I mean is that I love to able to share photos online so friends and family can see, however, I do not like the fact of knowing that other people can see or use my pictures.  You never know who is looking at your online profiles, that is why I am always careful of what I post.  This is a piece of knowledge that I will be introducing to my students in the future, I want to better prepare them, by helping them understand that every picture they take is not always okay to post.

1 comment:

  1. I think your ideas on how using Flickr in the classroom is genius! It is very creative and a great way to keep students intrigued and involved.

    ReplyDelete